Tuesday, July 17, 2007

inaugural post

so this is my first post blogging about a specific topic: consulting.

i'm not talking about "resource augmentation", though i'll probably post about that, i'm talking about full blown capital "C" consulting.

what does Consulting mean? that is one of the topics i'll explore over the life of this blog.

i'm starting this at a weird time, actually. my initial thought was to have a place to describe and record my days on the road. sort of a place where i can vent about work and the difficulties of being on the road. but, oddly, i'm starting this blog while being on a local project.

that's right. local.

my client is all of 4.3 miles from my home door-to-door. any readers who happen to stumble to this page may now disregard everything i post about being "on the road" because i'm currenty within spitting distance of my house.

but enough about me and more about me and my "street" cred.

i've been a consultant for about 7 years now. i've spent some of that time as a contractor, but most of it as a "big 5. . .4. . .(n-1)" style consultant. i'm, mostly, a technology consultant. i do identity management (and i may elaborate on my actual work from time to time) architecture and strategy.

i'm also a family man. i'm a father of 3 and have a lovely wife. obviously when you're on the road for 42 weeks a year there are challenges to being a dad and a husband. that's another set of topics to discuss.

i'm a bit of a novice blogger and a not-so-great writer. so please excuse the occasional lapses in grammar and spelling.

No comments: